All about referrals
We invite all Drake customers to join the DrakeHealth
insurance referral program. You can earn generous
referral fees while providing
valuable guidance for your customers who need insurance.
The referral process has three steps:
Educate yourself and your clients
with the information and calculators provided here
Obtain a referral link for
- Your referral ID (your Drake account number) will
be embedded within this link, giving you credit for
a submitted application.
- Drake Software allows you to email your referral
link to your clients.
- Place the referral link anywhere else it can be clicked
– on your website, in emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Using your referral link, your
customer applies for health insurance (eligible
plans detailed below).
Open enrollment began November 1, 2015. December 15, 2015
is the deadline to have coverage start January 1, 2016 and
January 15, 2016 is the deadline to have coverage start
February 1, 2016. Open enrollment ends January 31, 2016.
However, people who have a qualifying
life event are allowed to enroll in a qualified health
insurance plan when the event changes insurance status.
The federal government determines what a qualifying
life event is. On the eHealth website a user can select
one of the following options when shopping for insurance
on the Exchange:
- Loss of coverage (due to job loss, job change, etc.;
not due to nonpayment)
- Marriage or divorce
- Permanent move to a new coverage area
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Other (loss of eligibility for Medicaid, loss of eligibility
for CHIP, expiration of COBRA benefits, graduating
college or losing coverage from parent’s health plan,
gaining or losing a dependent, death of a family member,
change in disability status, certain changes in income,
changes in household size)
- Don’t qualify but still need insurance (show other
Using your referral link, your client can select the
appropriate qualifying event and then fill out the
application on the eHealth website. The user
will then be directed to call an eHealth representative
to get the ID number to mark the plan as a qualified
health plan eligible for a government subsidy.
Applications filled out using your
referral link on the eHealth site qualify for a referral
Please note, some ZIP Codes will only allow the client
to purchase insurance on the federal or a state Marketplace.
In this case, applications would be filled out on
the federal or state Marketplace, thus making it ineligible
for a referral fee.
We encourage you to provide your referral link to all your
What your client gains
When your clients follow your referral link to begin
shopping for coverage, they can:
- Choose from a broad selection of well-known, trusted
insurance companies, like Aetna, Blue Cross, Cigna,
CoventryOne, Humana, and many more
- Access 180+ carriers offering 13,000 plans
- Sign up and receive quotes for FREE
- Talk to a licensed agent to find the best match for
- Review their options with instant online pricing
What counts as a referral
You will earn referral fees on “referral fee eligible
products” when a completed application is properly
submitted to and received
by the relevant carrier or Health Insurance Marketplace.
Referral fee eligible plans are:
- Major medical individual and family health insurance
- Qualified health plan as defined by the Affordable
- Small business group health insurance
- Medicare Advantage with prescription coverage
- Medicare Advantage without prescription coverage
- Medicare Supplement
DrakeHealth and your 7216 responsibilities
When should you get a signed Section 7216 consent
from your client?
- If you collect information only for assessing whether
the taxpayer is eligible for the premium assistance
credit or subject to the penalty,
a signed consent is not
- If you collect information with the intent to recommend
a solution, such as to refer clients to DrakeHealth,
you should get a signed consent
before performing the assessment.
Example language: “I can
use your numbers and show you how the ACA will impact
you. If you would like me to
recommend a solution based on what I find, I’ll need
to get your signed Consent to Use
your tax information
for that purpose.”
- You do not need to get a signed
Consent to Disclose, as you are not sending
taxpayer data to a third party.
Your next step
To join for the DrakeHealth referral program, sign
in to your account on the
website, then choose My Account > DrakeHealth.